January 24, 2013

Minecraft Party Design Board!


A few weeks ago we did a Lego Friends birthday party for my daughter and now we are back at it again.  This time for my son's birthday. 

Ethan loves his Minecraft.  No, sorry, he LOVES!!!! his Minecraft.     Minecraft is a computer building game where you build all sorts of structures and you have to watch out for the Creepers (Mean men with bad mustaches).  My son would say it is so much more than that!  Whatever it is, the creators of it where really smart because the only music I hear coming from the computer is beautiful  piano music.  So it makes me think he's absorbing classical music, when in actuality, he's really blowing up blocks and takin out bad guys.  Smart I tell you, very smart!

 Yesterday I posted about his Minecraft Invitations that I made for his party.


After I finished those, I decided to put together a fun Party Design Board to help narrow everything down and give me a visual of what is needed to be done.  When I have a list in hand or in this case a picture, I am way less stressed to complete a project. 

Here is the Design Board I created for Ethan's party...

Sources



  In the game, they use the black coal to make things with, so why not eat it in rice krispy form? 


This might just be the easiest cake I have ever made.  A block with a piece of white fondant on top and some red squares.  Thank you Minecraft ;-)   I am not going to be able to use the edible images for the cookies since, as usual, I am on a strict budget.  Aren't we all?  Just say yes, even if you're not.  It will make me feel good, lol. 


 Instead of an edible image, I am just going to freehand some of the designs.

 Wish me luck and let's hope it doesn't turn out like this...




For the glass windows on Minecraft, they all have the white pattern you see on the Design Board, so hello roll of white tape.  Why I am most excited about taping this pattern to my sliding glass door I will never know.  I can tell you I won't be when it comes time to take it all off and clean the door, but I don't think about that stuff when I come up with my schemes ;-)


All though the Goody Bags from Etsy are adorable, again with the Budget, I will be making them.  Some cheap green paper bags and some black insulation tape should give me a similar look. 

I hope you enjoyed my little board for the Party, take care for now!

If you enjoyed this post and don't want to miss any of these amazing posts ;-)  click up top there on the right and follow along!
For information on my on-line design services, please click here.
For on-site design services {Greater Hampton Roads and Richmond Virginia}, please email seasideinteriors01@gmail.com for pricing and availability.
Seaside Interiors









5 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I may well have a minecraft party (or 2 or 3!) in my future, so I'll have to remember this. That music is so soothing, isn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen. Sounds like you have a lot of Minecrafters in your life! It is so soothing that I like listening to it when I am working in the kitchen! Shhh. Don't tell my son though :-)

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful!! Did the tape come off easy? I'd like to do that but I'm afraid the tape will leave residue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tape came off really easy. There was just a tiny bit of residue here and there, but nothing that didn't come off easily with a little glass cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! I love homemade party things, the kind that are not quite perfect, but still bring delight to our kids' faces! Off I toddle, to make Minecraft goodie bags (yep, cheap green bags and some tissue paper! :-D ).

    ReplyDelete